Saturday, January 27, 2018

Triangulations - PQ Season 9.2

 I had a great plan for this challenge - I was going to do a quilt that would meet two challenges. Of course, I didn't have enough time in my week to really get this quilt done to the level I could call it done, I had to work and I also volunteer with homeschool kids on Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings ... so the first idea, a modern quilt with triangles is only partially done.

The top is pieced, I marked my quilting lines with the ubiquitous blue painter's tape, and started quilting.
The problem is, it needs detail quilting ... setting off those lovely triangles and that detail quilting takes time ... a lot of time.
 So, at work on Saturday, I realized I had a perfect little project I could do during the evening. I made a pincushion!

 I started with 4 HSTs and, since they were kind of blah, I added another triangle to each HST. I placed the HSTs in a diamond configuration and built my little pincushion around the diamond.
The pincushion is 3" square and 1 1/2" tall. It is filled with crushed walnut shells.
I made it in Muskegon, Michigan :)

Check out the other quilter's projects on the Project Quilting post.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! I like the colors too

PersimonDreams said...

So sweet and perfect. Way to switch gears. Keep us posted on the progress of your first quilt. The quilting is jaw droppingly gorgeous!!!