Saturday, January 28, 2017

Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day

Today I ventured out to visit local quilt shops :) Three local ones were offering specials ... how could I resist?

First stop was to a different shop that carries machines, but no fabric. I picked up a new walking foot for my Bernina as I had a coupon that was expiring.

Then I made the rounds of the three quilt shops. Isn't it neat that the bags all coordinated? Pinks to purples make me happy anyway and here they brightened my day!
I didn't buy very much as the budget is tight right now (the Army Guy retired and is now looking for a civilian job), but I did get to pet a lot of fabric today!

some fat quarters, a yard of fabric, a pair of snips and the Feathered Star Templates. Feathered Star is one of my quilting bucket list projects, so when I saw it on special, it told me it wanted to come home with me :)

How did you celebrate today?

1 comment:

sophie said...

I visited a not-so-local quilt shop in Albuquerque that was celebrating their anniversary with a party and sale.