Friday, January 6, 2017

Project Quilting Season 8 Challenge 1

for this challenge,  I  used Dupioni Silk that was purchased  at a local quilt shop ... well, local to my parent's winter place in Florida. I  usually  do  my  quilting  in Michigan, but who can  pass up an opportunity  to  be  in Florida  for a week  in January?

I  made an eight sided snack mat and proceeded  to hand quilt one section  ...  and decided  to machine  quilt  the  rest. Handwork  is not my forte.

I  have  decided to call it "One if by Hand, 7 by Machine"

#pqseason8  

5 comments:

Trish Frankland said...

This made me actually laugh out loud - great piece, hilarious story, and FANTASTIC job with the name! <3

PersimonDreams said...

LOL! Fantastic story! So happy you made it work in Florida ;) I have a feeling my snack mat would have been named the same thing!

Mel Beach said...

Thanks for the late night chuckle as I read your post. Handwork is not my forte either...I am impressed you completed a whole wedge...I don't know if I would have that much patience! Fun title too!

StudioCherie said...

I'm glad to see the last cookie (or part of it) made it into the shot as well. LOL

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I'm with you on the hand quilting...not for me either! Great project!