Monday, January 27, 2014

nothing new on my design wall this week


I was busy making 4" X 6" cards for our local art museum's Postcard Salon ... They are now turned in and I'm looking forward to seeing them after the exhibit opens on Thursday :) They will be available for sale on February 13th to benefit the museum (and if they sell, I also get some money).

The top left postcard is a quilted postcard. It has three layers and has free motion machine embroidery to give it the look I was going for :) I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

The three other postcards are mixed media collage. Canvas, paper and acrylics - one of them also has some fiber to it (the upper right one). I was exploring quotations with those little pieces.

If you are in West Michigan visit Muskegon Museum of Art anytime from January 30th through the middle of February to enjoy the Postcard Salon (Thursdays are free admission, thanks to Meijer!).

For some design walls that have something new, check out the link party at Patchwork Times!

No comments: