Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I have a design wall!!! My sister  came down and helped me do some unpacking and setting up in my sewing/quilting  area.  What a relief it is to finally have more than piles and piles of boxes in one room (other  rooms still suffer).
 On my design wall are a bunch of stars from a swap, a pair of test blocks and a bleach dispersed  piece of fabric that is inspiration for an art quilt. These are all  pieces that make me happy, so the might just inspire me!
 My  design wall is in a somewhat awkward place as it is behind the ironing board. And with unpacking, the ironing board is a mess. I have yet to find my iron, so it may be in this condition for a bit longer.
 Here is the sewing area. I had to get some small stuff up on the wall so I wasn't just looking at  boring walls while I sew :)

I'm still  unpacking boxes and  trying to find where to put things  in a more compact space (though  much nicer than my last digs).
And  I've got the  frame up  and the  machine on the frame.  Still need to connect all the cords and the light, but we are making progress - along with the fact that some  pieces  got lost in the move and I'm waiting for replacement  parts *sigh*

The top on the frame is one I made over 17 years ago, it was unearthed in a  box last week.  I think I'll work on this one first to get back into the groove of machine quilting.

The tall cabinets are for fabric storage. They have SOME fabric in them, but are  still awaiting the bulk of my fabrics...that are somewhere, in a box, in the  house or garage!

For more design wall inspiration visit Patchwork Times.


6 comments:

Kelli said...

Love the littles on the wall! It looks so much cheerier!

Kathy Plyler said...

I like your sewing room. Any progress is good. This is the first time I've read your blog.

nancy wigren said...

First time I've read it too. You will get ALL your ducks "in a row"soon, I'm sure. Hope you don't have to wait for replacement parts very long. I'm still hunting for stuff I've put away and I didn't even pack up and move!!!

I have relative-in-law who lives in Muskegon. She has a cleaning company (offices, I Think) Drake cleaning - and then she leads an Eco-Trek team evenings, weekends, and early mornings around really nice looking places. She is on facebook and really makes me tired just reading her blogs. Her name is Lori Drake McCollum if you ever get interested in hiking, biking and exercise!!!
Keep on plugging away, you're really getting there

marcella said...

Looks like your sewing room is shaping up nicely. Hope you find that iron soon! Enjoy getting back in the machine quilting groove. It will be fun to see your progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great to have everything coming together!
I think you win the prize for oldest UFO find!

Cathy Tomm said...

Good to see you are getting the sewing room in order. I Love the swap blocks you have on your wall.