Friday, January 20, 2012

Preparing for Scrapbusting Mystery

I am the Vice Chair of our Quilt Guild...meaning I'm in charge of the Vice, right? In our guild, that means I am in charge of the fun meetings and only occasionally have to deal with business.

So, I am giving them a mystery to work on in my last months at this guild. I'll share it here, too :)

No pictures on this preparing post, I promise pictures will appear in the clues :)

Scrapbusting Mystery Quilt
Shout4Joy©2012

Preparing for the Mystery
Quilt will finish at 60”square

All techniques are within the ability range of all guild members.

The first step is to dig through your fabric scraps. You will need:
1 ¼ yards assorted light background fabrics
2 ¼ yards assorted medium to dark fabric scrap pieces
NOTES:
*remember that in scrappy quilts the more fabrics you use, the better!
*you could control your color pallet by choosing scraps all in one color family
You will also need:
1 ¼ yards border fabric (this will be used in the quilt itself as well)
*Recommended strategy – choose this fabric later in the Mystery

Handy items are a sewing machine, fresh sewing machine needle, thread, marking
pencil, zip bags to sort and contain units, rotary cutter with fresh blade, rotary cutting ruler, iron, starch, quarter inch foot, scissors, seam ripper (unless you don't make mistakes) ...and some chocolate.

Please leave your OCD tendencies and inner Quilt Police someplace else as you work
through this mystery!

Shout4Joy©2012

EDITED TO ADD: clues will be posted approximately every two weeks...after I have a chance to share them with my guild members :)

1 comment:

Judee said...

Sounds good. I want to use batiks.