Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Again? Already?

I've been plugging away at various projects and planning others in my head...and the time just keeps on slipping away!

My design wall remains the same as it was last week. I have made no more progress on the little quilt, it is still there, looking at me, giving me a guilt trip every time I sit down at the machine (even for boring things like mending the Boybarian's pants).

I have been working on a new project. It is a design by Cynthia England called Waterfall. I think I spent over a week just pulling fabric from my stash! I dyed a piece of fabric, had to buy a couple to fill some holes...and have now started. I have two sections pieced and a start on a third.


Have I ever mentioned that I am NOT a paper-piecer? It drives me batty. The only advantage this method has is that I am working from the front of the project, not the back, so at least my pieces are coming out right. I'm doing my best to "make it work" (said in my best Tim Gunn voice) as I love the way the pattern looks. AND it would go SO well with our guild quilt show theme for next spring - Nature's Beauty.

I'll keep plugging along on this quilt, though I will be taking some breaks to be inspired by other design walls linked up at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

marcella said...

I'm in the "not a paper piecer" camp too. Sewing through that crinkly paper makes me crazy. Glad you're making it work - your fabrics are really pretty.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Paper piecing is something on my "to do" list. I went and looked at the pattern and it is unbelievable! Can't wait to see what you do!

Cathy said...

I love Cynthia England's stuff, and would love to be her when I grow up. Waterfall is on my wish list, but I'm more thinking a kit.