Thursday, August 5, 2010

Quiltathon Days

Today and tomorrow I plan to take part in the Quiltathon over on Patchwork Times. Last night (rather, in the wee hours this morning) I pulled out my white bag challenge fabrics, added a couple more (I want it bigger than the pattern) and set it on the cutting board so I have no choice but to start in on that one this morning :)

If you have been reading my blog, you know that the snowman head print was the inspiration fabric, my aunts, sister, mom and cousin all added FQs and now I have to make something before our get together in October. I chose the Crazy Eights Pattern by Bits and Pieces but want to make a bit larger pattern, so I added a few more FQs last night.

If I get bored with working on this one (the colors are a bit dull), I will start cutting fabrics for a mystery that starts September 1st on the about.com quilting forum. One of the members is leading us in the DaChintzy Code Mystery that she wrote. My fabrics are a bit brighter for this one.

And I can always head upstairs and quilt on the Christmas throw I pieced from a Mary Engelbreit jelly roll (last year).

I also need to help the children keep on task with some schoolwork (we started this week) and go to the theater for a rehearsal for an Old Time Radio Show coming up this weekend...so I hope the time spent with fabrics is QUALITY time ;)

Thursday lunchtime update. 

Thursday suppertime update. 

Friday lunchtime update. 

Friday suppertime update.

No comments: