Monday, July 12, 2010

White Bag Challenge

While I was off on vacation, going to the Shipshewana Quilt Show, my group had a White Bag Challenge.

This was a great challenge last year, so we wanted to try it again. I made a doll quilt from my challenge fabrics last year and this year I'll make a small lap quilt (I think).

I started out with a snowman FQ that I had in my stash. I hadn't done anything with it, but it made me happy, so into the white bag it went.













After that, the bag was passed on to the next person in our group and they had to add a FQ to coordinate with my original FQ. We would pass the bag on to the next person after each quilt shop until all of us had a chance to add a coordinating FQ to each bag.

When we got our white bags back I had a group of fabrics that I must have put together into something by our next get together in October.














I have purchased one more gold fabric and might use a simple pattern for eight FQs...if I can find it while unpacking!

2 comments:

sophie said...

I love the way your white bag challenge works. I look forward to seeing what you make with your new group of interesting FQs.

Linda in Calif. said...

This is a cool idea. But I wouldn't know how to put it together, so I can't wait to see what you come up with.