Monday, March 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday (and belated stash report)

This is another project I worked on at the family quilt retreat. I've been unsewing part of these blocks as I got the HSTs the wrong way on some of the sashing strips. I am really excited about how this is turning out in batiks :) At first I thought maybe my dark and light background fabrics were too close to one another, but in the photo (and on the design wall) I'm seeing they have just enough contrast (good, I'd rather not recut one of them!).

The pattern is called Lacy Lou and is in Judy Laquidara's new book Weekend Quilts.

I've been neglecting my stash updates (shame on me!) so I'll tack it on here. I have purchased 7 1/2 yards of fabric (EEK!) over the last couple of weeks and I have used 4 yards (I'm not counting a quilt until it is further along than the one on my design wall...so I'll catch up soon!).

Check out other design wall updates at Patchwork Times

2 comments:

Diane said...

your quilt is really nice-I love batiks. I have Judy's new book too! (I haven't made anything from it yet..) I'm always amazed at how different fabrics look once you get them on the wall or even after they're sewn together.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

This is too cool. I love the colors and the blocks. Oh, maybe because this is my Year-of-the-Square! Yes, I do love it

glen